Write616 is pleased to share a special training program for people who may be called to lead a writers’ group.
The event, scheduled for Sunday, July 14, from 2p to 7p, reviews the core competencies you’ll need to effectively nurture authors and poets on their professional journey. Topics include:
- Principles of effective literary critique
- Aligning the group’s purpose to its potential membership
- Managing difficult personalities
- Nurturing natural systems of mutual accountability
- Administering a writers’ group using the GRWT forum system
- Best practices for peer facilitation
This event is co-sponsored by the Grand River Writing Tribe, Caffeinated Press & Diction Dude LLC. Your $50 registration fee for this event supports Write616, a non-profit writers’ center serving the writers and readers of West Michigan and beyond.
To sign up, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/writers-group-facilitator-training-tickets-64093001894. We require registration through EventBrite for this event.